How To Tell When You Need Your Gutters Replaced.
Our gutters serve an important to the performance of our home’s roofing system. It drains water from the roof and onto the ground so the roof does not become damaged. While this is great, the gutters themselves can become damaged over time, which will case needed replacements. But how can you tell when you need your gutters replaced? Find out below when you need your gutter replaced.
This is a big sign and a clear indicator that you need to replace your gutters. Cracked gutters are worthless because they won’t be able to perform their job properly, which will lead to necessary replacements.
Gutters Are Separating
The gutters aren’t able to do their job if they are pulling apart, so when this happens, you can bet you will need a gutter replacement quick.
Sagging and Pulling Gutters
Are the gutters sagging from the weight of all the water is has carried? Is the gutter pulling away from the actual roof? This is a big red flag. This should never happen if your gutters are in perfect condition, so if your gutters look like this, get a replacement stat.
Believe it or not, your gutters can mess with the exterior walls of your home. When the gutters are pulling away from the roof, it can cause the water to leak onto the wall, which can peel the paint on the walls. Get a replacement ASAP!
This doesn’t just include the exterior walls. Water damage can affect the soffit, fascia, and other components of your roof when your gutter is damaged. Get a new one to ensure you prevent water damage.
For gutter service in San Antonio, TX, call B&W Roofing today at (210) 849-8025.
When the time comes for repairs, our team will work fast to ensure prompt service.
With proper care and maintenance, a shingle roof can last for decades. To get the most from your roof’s lifespan, you must pay attention to its needs for repair, however. Especially after a major storm, you roof could need repairs simply to survive the next weather event. If you’ve noticed any of the following indicators for roof repairs in San Antonio, TX, call B & W Roofing and Construction today at (210) 849-8025.
Missing or Damaged Shingles
Missing or damaged shingles can provide an obvious sign that you need roof repairs. Your roof must operate as a unified system to prevent the entry of water into your home. A few missing or damaged shingles can create a major problem in this regard. Damaged shingles can include those that have cracked, buckled, or begun to curl.
Granules in Your Gutters
All shingle roofs will naturally shed some amount of granules as time passes. If your roof has begun to lose a lot, it suggests either defective or old shingles. Granules provide a valuable function for your roof. They protect the shingles from impacts, and shield them from the damaging effects of the sun. The next time you clean your gutters, keep an eye out for excessive numbers of granules.
Leaks inside your home provide a clear indication that your roof needs immediate repair. In many cases, the leaks can get fixed on a case-by-case basis, and spare you the need for total roof replacement. Look for signs of water damage in your house, including brownish stains on the ceiling or walls.
As your roof absorbs damage from the sun and elements, you can expect the need for periodic repairs. Accomplish these quickly, and you can expect additional years of service. For all needs for roof repairs in San Antonio, TX, call the experts at B & W Roofing and Construction at (210) 849-8025 today.
When looking to install a new roof or replace your old one, there are many different kinds of roofing materials to choose from. Each offers their own particular benefits and have their own strengths. However, shingle roofing has the best benefits for homes looking for durable protection at a reasonable price. With a plethora of colors to choose from, you can always find shingles for your home. What sort of benefits do they provide?
The Pros of Shingle Roofs
While there are many different kinds of roofing materials available, shingles are actually one of the most affordable materials around. It comes in a variety of colors and styles, which means you get a roof that matches your home’s style at a reasonable cost.
Not all roofs are the same. Maybe you have fallen in love with a roofing material only to find out it will not fit your particular roof’s pattern. Shingle roofing can be made to fit your roof. It’s flexible and customizable nature means that you get quality roofing that fits your roof and better installation.
#3 Simple To Install
The same qualities that make shingle roofing customizable make them very easy to install. With shingle roofing, you don’t need to purchase special makes or styles to complete a roof. Your roofer can simply adjust or customize the shingles to match your roof’s shape.
Shingle roofing is a durable roofing material. It can protect you from hail and storm damage, preventing leaks. This means less worry during storms. Shingles are even fire resistance rated to give you added protection.
This low maintenance roofing material is the perfect choice for your home. Want to learn more about shingle roofing for your home in San Antonio, TX? Call (210) 849-8025 for B & W Roofing today!
You may not have noticed that your roof needed to be replaced eons ago. Just in case you missed any signs, here are some indicators to help you.
When You Need a Quality Roofing Replacement in San Antonio, TX, Contact B & W Roofing
- 1. It’s at least 20 years old. Since most roofs come with 20-year warranties, you may want to consider replacement if you’ve had it for any longer than 20 years.
2. The shingles are in bad shape. It’s always a good idea to closely examine the shingles on your roof. If you notice that several of them look wet, stained, curled, bent, broken, or darker than normal, or are missing altogether, then they are in need of replacement.
3. There are granules everywhere. If you begin seeing granules in your gutters, yard, and landscaping, they are most likely coming from your roof. When shingles start to deteriorate they break off into small pieces that look like sand.
4. It’s leaking into your attic. Signs of water inside your attic after a rainstorm are usually an indicator. However, your roof can also leak light; if you can see inside your attic without a light, you might want to think about replacing your roof.
5. If your roof is sagging, that is a sure sign that it needs to be replaced. This is usually caused by long-term water damage. A roof should be straight, so if you notice a dip, swag, or curve, it is sagging and needs to be replaced.
6. Blistering or bubbling can be caused by debris build up, a non-properly ventilated attic, harsh exposure to sunlight, or even just simply the natural aging process. If the blisters break open, they can cause holes or pock marks.
7. Your energy bills are rising. A roof should act as an insulator against heat and cold invading your home if it’s in good condition. If it’s in poor shape though, you’ll notice high utility bills This is most likely because your air conditioner or heater is to working harder to sustain a more enjoyable temperature.
If you need your roof replaced in San Antonio, TX call B and W Roofing at (210) 849-8025.
After An Inspection, Contact B&W Roofing For Hail Damage Assistance.
Identifying hail damage on your property may look easy – a quick look for accumulation or noticeable signs of damage, and you may think that’s all it takes. Depending on the severity of the storm, hail damage can accumulate on top of your commercial or residential roof, and overtime can start to chip and tear away at your roof, causing serious, severe damage that could call for a replacement.
So, what signs do you need to look out for to ensure that your roof sustains the threat?
Depending on your roof type, it can react differently to hail. Some roofs do not show signs, while others (i.e. shingles) start to chip away and can expose the structure if left untreated.
A few warning signs for hail damage in general:
- Soft spots on the roof (sponge-like) or “dimples”
- Pieces of the roofing structure in your yard or on your commercial property
- Cracks, no matter the size
- Water leaks within the building/home
If you see any troubling signs, or something does not look right to you after you inspect, it’s best to call a roofing professional from B&W Roofing to help assist – the sooner you notice and call, the easier the repair service will be! Hail damage is not to be taken lightly, you would not waste time if your vehicle or windows were damaged from hail, so do not wait on your roof.
Has your roof taken a hit after the latest storm? Don’t wait, it could end up costing you. Contact us (210) 849-8025 for hail damage services from B&W Roofing today!